Why do I need to protect my hearing?
Certain careers and environments can take a toll on your hearing. We are here to protect you from further damage. Our custom moulded earplugs are perfect for musicians, motorcyclists, shooters, swimmers, noisy work environments or those just wanting an undisturbed night’s sleep.
London Hearing Specialist is a leading provider of high-quality professional, bespoke hearing protection. We have many years of experience in helping people find the right hearing protection to fit their lifestyles and needs.
Earplugs For Swimming
deal for both adults and children our custom swimming earplugs are comfortable to wear and are water-tight meaning you can enjoy your swim without having to worry about a swimmer’s ear, surfer ear or otitis externa.
The secure fit also helps to ensure that they never fall out mid-way through a swim. Being made from high-quality silicone, our ear plugs are very durable and can be used over and over without impacting comfort or the protection that they offer.
Earplugs for Sleeping
Are you having problems sleeping? Maybe you live in a city centre and are disturbed by the loud urban sounds. Or is it just the sound of your partner snoring that is keeping you up at night?
Cheap, standard earplugs are often not fit for purpose and will only provide a very minimum level of noise reduction.
They can be irritating and due to them being a ‘one size fits all’ they often fall out.
Because of the universal fitting, these types of ear plugs do not create a ‘seal’ that is needed to defend the user from noise.
Our soft, bespoke ear plugs offer maximum noise reduction and they are so comfy you will forget that you are wearing them.
Earplugs for Motorcyclists
Riding a motorcycle doesn’t offer the protection of a contained vehicle such as a car or van and subsequently is open to the elements.
Whether you are a keen biker, a courier or someone who uses their bike for sport you will be very aware of the high noise levels produced from wind when travelling at high speeds.
Studies have shown that wind noise can significantly contribute to noise-induced hearing loss, especially among cyclists and motorcyclists.
Our bespoke ear plugs are comfortable to wear over long rides, fit securely under your helmet, and won’t fall out at high speeds. Whilst they block out harmful sounds our ear plugs still allow you to communicate easily.
Earplugs For Musicians
Being a singer of a band or musician comes with a very serious risk of noise-induced hearing loss. From long days playing in your rehearsing space to performing on stage, you’re constantly exposed to high levels of noise.
Lower quality, standard earplugs do not offer the protection needed to protect your hearing. Over-the-ear defenders have the opposite problem of reducing noise too much meaning you are unable to hear yourself or the band around you.
The answer is our custom-made earplugs for musicians which allow you to hear the important sounds whilst protecting you from damaging noises.
Earplugs For Shooting
Exposing your ears to loud sudden gunshots can be very harmful to your hearing and can result in permanent hearing loss. No matter if you shoot as part of a shooting team, as part of a hobby or as a profession, it’s very important to make sure your hearing is protected.
Our custom shooting earplugs are specifically designed to block out the loud noises made by gunshots, suppressing the sound to safe levels for your hearing whilst allowing you to easily communicate with those around you.
Custom Ear Protection
Custom Ear Protection FAQ's
- How long does the custom earplug appointment take?The full appointment time for the examination and impression takes approximately 30 minutes.
- Can I have earplugs made if I have an infection?We cannot take impressions of your ear if you have an ear infection. The ear can often be inflamed, as well as contain fluid & discharge. The impression may also cause pain if the ear canal is inflamed.
- What happens if I lose one of my earplugs?We keep a record of your impression on file for 4 years. If you lose an earplug, feel free to call us and we can reorder a new ear plug using the impressions we have on file.
- Do I collect my custom earplugs?All earplugs come to our clinic from the laboratory. These can be forwarded on to a UK address of your choice for no extra charge.
- How long do custom earplugs take to make?Custom ear plugs take approximately 2 to 3 weeks from your initial appointment for us to receive them. They can either be collected or posted out by Recorded delivery for no extra charge (please allow an extra 2-3 days).
Find Our Specialised Audiology Clinics
Explore our seven dedicated clinics, each uniquely equipped to provide exceptional, individualized audiology care tailored to meet your hearing and balance needs.
32-36 Camden High Street,
Camden, NW1 0JH
38 Heath Street,
Hampstead, NW3 6TE
20, Marylebone High Street,
Marylebone, W1U 4PB
27-29 Warwick Way,
London SW1V 1QT
96 High Street,
Potters Bar, EN6 5AT
Ware, SG12 9FT
Hatfield House, Church Street
Hatfield, AL9 5AR