A Hearing test will consist of a complete analysis of your hearing, looking for any potential problems or concerns. Using a variety of auditory tools and assessment techniques, a complete hearing consultation from London Hearing Specialists will look for signs of hearing loss and address the treatment options most suitable for you. Over time our hearing can change, often declining slightly in clarity. If you are over the age of 65, we recommend having your hearing tested annually to ensure there are no concerns. However, there are some signs to look out for which may indicate a hearing test is required at any age.
The importance of a hearing test
By booking a hearing test a professionally trained and experienced Audiologist will be able to assess your hearing and also offer you a solution to any hearing concerns you may have. If you are experiencing hearing loss, the treatment we can offer will:
- Make your life easier and more comfortable. Even mild hearing loss can have an impact on your day-to-day routine and can often lead to feelings of isolation. Treatment options, such as a trial of hearing aids, can reduce or even remove problems associated with your hearing loss.
- Sometimes treatment can slow down the cause of your hearing loss and reduce further issues and concerns with your hearing. By determining the cause of your hearing loss, an Audiologist will also be able to offer the right solution. Often for those who have their hearing impacted or damaged by exposure to loud noises will be offered hearing protection to prevent further damage.
Signs you should get your hearing tested
- If you are struggling to understand people when speaking – Do you find you’re always asking people to repeat themselves? It may be because you need your hearing tested. A hearing test will be able to determine whether you require the assistance of a hearing aid or if the fix is as simple as cleaning out a build-up of wax.
- You are experiencing a persistent ringing in your ears – Tinnitus is the medical term used to describe the hearing of noises, typically ringing and buzzing, in the ear which is not caused by an external source. These will sound like they are coming from within your ear. This can be a very frustrating sensation and could be a sign of an underlying issue. If you experience tinnitus, it is very important you book a hearing consultation so an Audiologist can determine the source. In some cases, tinnitus can get better on its own and will go away, other times you may require some treatment.
- You can’t hear the TV – if you have gradually been increasing the volume on your TV and are still struggling to hear the films or tv shows you are watching it may be time to book an appointment with an Audiologist to test for signs of hearing loss.
Other signs to look out for include:
- You have been missing sounds you shouldn’t such as alarms and doorbells
- Conversations in busy environments have become difficult
- Trouble talking on the phone
Contact London Hearing Specialists for a complete hearing assessment
If you are experiencing any of the signs listed, or are due your annual hearing test, get in touch with the team today. All appointments at our clinics are carried out by fully qualified Audiologists, who are Registered Hearing Aid Dispensers with the Health & Care Professions Council and Members of the British Society of Hearing Aid Audiologists.